Software Engineer (Sustaining)
Neighborly Software, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a purpose driven company that provides a cloud-based software solution (SaaS) to improve the administrative efficiency and regulatory compliance of Housing, Economic and Community Development programs.
Software Engineer (Sustaining) – Level 2
We are looking for a Sr Software Engineer (Sustaining) who can provide the analysis/investigation, RCA-Documentation, and resolution of NBLY platform production items to assist neighbors (clients), client-success and client-support teams.
- Interface with Development, Product Management, QA, Security and DevOps Engineering, as necessary to progress projects/tasks.
- Develop features and resolve production issues in Sustaining Engineering Scrum Team – using development best practices (C#/MVC, Azure Native Services like App Service, Function Apps, Logic Apps, Microservices)
- Manage the support queue, project timelines. Mentor junior resources in the Sustaining Engineering team.
- Primary point of contact for client-support/success teams for functionality related defects or investigation requirements. Define process for this communication and timely responsiveness. Perform RCA (Root Cause Analysis) Documentation for high severity issues.
- Work with Lead Security/DevOps Engineering to provide support for Security/Risk Management procedures and questions for client-success/support teams.
- May supervise / coach other engineers in the team.
- Create and maintain knowledge base documentation
- Work and interact effectively with and for others throughout various levels of the company.
- Ability to own tools at an SME level and provide support
- Providing development and operational support in an on-call rotation
- Provide guidance to client facing teams and dev teams as necessary in maturing these tools to automate repetitive tasks (Example Data Imports and Bulk Date Updates)
- Perform Bulk Data Updates and Import as the tools mature.
- Manage the SFTP, Azure Blob Storage – Parquets Requests
- API Support for Neighbors – Generating Machine Code and other similar requests
- HotFix Deployments/Validation
- Troubleshooting Azure Services – Like App Services, APIM, Azure SQL, Data Factory to determine next steps for the production issues
- 3+ years of experience
- Nice to have: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems OR Comparable Experience in the industry
- Proficiency in C#/.NET, Azure Services and best practices in architecture/development/testing.
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps, SDLC Tools like JIRA.
- Experience with iOS and Android CI is a plus
- Ability to debug and fix system/infrastructure and application issues
- Experience working with monitoring tools App Insights etc.