Area Sales Executive
Neighborly Software, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a purpose driven company that provides a cloud-based software solution to improve the administrative efficiency and regulatory compliance of Housing, Economic and Community Development programs. If you’re looking to join a highly successful, fast-growing SaaS firm, read on!
The Account Director will be responsible for identifying and pursuing new business opportunities as well as growing existing relationships. They will work closely with clients to understand their needs and goals, and will collaborate with internal teams to deliver solutions that meet those needs. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the public sector, as well as a track record of building and maintaining long-term client relationships.
Special consideration for this role will be given to candidates with a background selling Housing Choice Voucher solutions and other Housing and Community Development software.
- Identify new business opportunities, and pursue those opportunities through effective relationship management and sales strategies.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the Housing, Economic, and Community Development Market including the needs and challenges facing local governments and community organizations.
- Collaborate with internal teams to support your sales cycles.
- Manage the sales process from lead generation to contract negotiation and closing.
- Aggressively grow pipeline through outbound activity including emails, cold-calling and attending industry conferences.
- Develop and implement account plans and sales strategies to achieve revenue targets.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices, and share that knowledge with clients and internal teams.
- Provide demonstrations of the Housing, Economic, and Community Development solution to potential clients
- Prepare professional customer proposals, and respond to RFP’s.
- Work closely with the SVP of Sales to attain sales goals and grow Neighborly Software’s presence in the Housing, Economic, and Community Development Market
- Resolve any potential client inquiries or issues
- Advise new and existing clients on new solutions to grow Housing, Economic, and Community Development sales
- Diligently mange your territory activity using our CRM.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in software sales or account management, preferably in the public sector.
- Demonstrated track record of building and maintaining long-term client relationships.
- Experience working in the public sector in a software sales or account management role.
- Proven ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with clients and internal teams.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Self-motivated and results-driven, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Potential to become an expert in our products and act as a SME of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) programs as well as Housing Choice Voucher solutions.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices.
- Familiarity with CRM and project management tools.
- Ability to travel as needed to meet with clients and attend industry events.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop and execute effective sales plans.
- Proven ability to negotiate contracts and close sales.
- Passion for helping local governments and community organizations improve outcomes through the use of technology.
- Experience managing both medium and long sales cycles (3 months - 1 year)
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to internal and external stakeholders
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication, analytical and presentation skills